Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gray Clouds

Okay, now for serious stuff again… As I write this, I am in the car, somewhere in Montana, headed back home from Wisconsin. I was there for about a week with my family. And I’ve got to say, as much as I love my friends in Salem, I was so happy to get away for a bit and be with my family. I came to a point where I needed to get away, clear my head, be with family and have no communication with anyone else. So I decided to be technology free for the week: no cell phone, no Facebook. It was so nice. On the road, I have been listening to music and looking out the window at God’s creation. I’ve learned that Montana is an absolutely gorgeous state! I like to think it’s a mix between Texas and Oregon- the wide plains and big skies of Texas with the trees and mountains of Oregon. I guess it’s the best of both worlds. I’ve had a lot of time to think and pray and even though some trials still exist in my life, I feel completely content. God has taught me so much in the time I’ve been able to spend with him. While I was sitting in the backseat of the car, looking out the window, I found myself studying the gray clouds in the sky. Then a thought occurred to me. Those gray clouds were like the trials God puts in my life. They don’t seem very friendly, and I get discouraged easily when I’m around them. But I need to remember that it is those clouds that make the plants grow, just as those trials in my life help to grow and mature me. I was listening to a song called Airplane by Bethany Dillon when I was thinking about this and in it, she sings, “When the sky is gray, I want to believe that when the sun is hiding, it still exists.” Although I love the sun and feeling like everything is perfect, those bittersweet clouds are needed in my life. I’ve known this for a while, but this is just a new way to think of it and I wanted to share it with you. So even if you feel discouraged when the gray clouds are above your head, remember that they play an important part in God’s prefect plan and the sun will come out again. I’ve had a great time with my family this week- going to Mount Rushmore, the Badlands, Devil’s Tower, Deadwood, Wall Drug, watching God’s 4th of July fireworks show of thunder and lightning, relaxing in hot tubs, having fun at a water/theme park, eating dinner together, etc. I didn’t want to come home again until I felt like my mind was cleared and refreshed and I can now say that I’ve come to that point. I’m in a great place now and I couldn’t be more content. I’m excited to see my friends, go to youth group, and get ready for my 3-week trip to Mexico!! Thank you all for being a part of my life and I love you all very much. I hope you are all enjoying God’s blessings this summer and I’m praying for you.
~Hannah

4 comments:

Not Jack said...

I'm sorry, I couldn't pay attention and all I could think about was how much miley cyrus sucks after you said the best of both worlds.

I'm sure it was a good blog anyway.

Hannah K. said...

you know what Jack, I didn't even think of Miley cyrus after said that. im surprised you thought of that. and you pretty much ruined that whole blog for me because now i think of miley cyrus, and i agree- im not a a huge fan of hers.

Jess said...

Alright Hans, It has been stinkin' two months since your last post, that is pathetic.

You know what I think of Miley Cyrus? *uh, uh...ptuuu*

Hannah K. said...

yeah yeah i know. im horrible at this blogging thing. ill have one coming soon. hehe. and yes jess i agree with that miley cyrus comment.